Scholarship Awards 2020
30 April 2020 Registration Closes*
11 May 2020 Submission deadline for music and proof of age
5 - 7 June 2020 Scholarship Awards
*Class sizes are limited for each age group and may book out prior to the closing date.
The Australian Ballet School
Primrose Potter Australian Ballet Centre
Level 5, 2 Kavanagh Street, Southbank VIC
All dancers aged 10-16 years as at 5 June 2020 (the first day of the Scholarship Awards) are eligible to apply. Existing ITP students of the School are also eligible to apply.
Full-Time and After School Programme students of the School are not eligible.
As part of the Scholarship Awards, participants will:
- attend Masterclasses taught by Artistic Staff of The Australian Ballet School
- present a Classical Variation, adjudicated by staff of The Australian Ballet School and highly-respected representatives of the Australian dance industry.
Please note: Participants are required for all 3 days of the Scholarship Awards. Classes will run from approximately 9.00am - 5.00pm each day (subject to change), and Finals will be held in the evening on the Sunday. Please arrange your travel/accommodation accordingly.
Masterclasses - Clothing and Footwear
- Boys: Singlet top/t-shirt and tights or full length tights/unitard with socks and ballet flats
- Girls: Leotard, pink ballet tights, ballet shoes.
- The use of pointe shoes for applicants aged 10-11 is not permitted
- The use of pointe shoes for applicants aged 12-13 is not permitted
- The use of pointe shoes for applicants aged 14-16 is required
Classical Variations and Solos
- Applicants aged 10-13 years will perform a Classical Solo of their own choice, which must be between 1½ - 2 minutes duration
- Applicants aged 14-16 years will perform a Classical Variation from the prescribed list (see Terms & Conditions below). Duration must be between 2 - 3 minutes.
- Traditional Costume for all participants
STEP 1 - Review Terms & Conditions
Applicants must read in full the School's Scholarship Awards Terms and Conditions (below). Those making an application agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
STEP 2 - Make your Application
Select the correct Age Group (participant age is as of the day the event begins, 5 June 2020), then click Register to fill in your application and finalise payment. By clicking Register, you agree to the School's Terms & Conditions.
STEP 3 - Submit Proof of Age and Music Accompaniment After payment has been processed, instructions on how to submit proof of age and music files will be emailed to participants/parents/carers. These items must be uploaded BY Friday 11 May 2020 or the application may be invalidated.
- To verify the applicant's age, an image of a birth certificate or passport must be provided, of sufficient quality and size for the details to be legible.
- Music accompaniment must be provided in MP3 file format of professional quality. Please also refer to the Terms & Conditions for full details on Music Accompaniment requirements.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the Terms and Conditions thoroughly before applying.
Quest Southbank is offering special room rates for the duration of the Awards: Quest Offer
If you have any questions about the Scholarship Awards, please email email@example.com.