Scholarship Awards 2018
|Application Closing Date||4 May 2018|
|Please Note: Class sizes per age group will be capped and may book-out prior to the closing date.|
|Submit Photo, Proof of Age & Music by||11 May 2018|
|Competition Dates||8 to 10 June 2018|
The awards are open to all dancers;
- aged 10-17 on the first day of the event, 8 June 2018
- this includes existing ITP students of the School
- this does not include Full Time and After School students of the School
Entrants will attend Masterclasses taught by Teaching Staff of The Australian Ballet School and present a Classical Variation with adjudication by staff of The Australian Ballet School and for the finals by The Australian Ballet.
The Australian Ballet School & Arts Centre Melbourne State Theatre
Mantra Southbank is offering special room rates for the duration of the awards.
Clothing & Footwear
- Girls: Leotard, pink ballet tights, ballet shoes. Pointe shoes will be required for applicants age 15 upwards.
- Boys: Singlet top/t-shirt and tights or full length tights/unitard with socks and ballet flats
Classical Variations & Solos
- Applicants’ age 10-14 years will perform a Classical Solo of their own choice, and must be 1½ -2 minutes duration.
- Applicants’ age 15-17 will be required to perform a Classical Variation from the prescribed list (see Terms & Conditions below). The duration of Classical Variations must be between 2 and 3 minutes duration.
- Traditional Costume for all participants
- The use of pointe shoes for applicants aged 10-12 is not permitted.
- The use of pointe shoes for applicants aged 13-14 is at their own choice.
- The use of pointe shoes for applicants aged 15-17 is required.
How to Apply
STEP 1 - Review Terms & Conditions
Applicants must read the full Terms and Conditions of the School which included important information about the Scholarship Awards. Those making an application agree to the School's Terms and Conditions. Please review the following document before making your application:
Terms & Conditions
STEP 2 - Make your Application
Select the correct Age Group (participant age is as of the day the event begins, 8 June 2018), then click Register to fill in your application and pay the fee. By clicking Register, you agree to the School's Terms & Conditions.
STEP 3 - Submit Photo, Proof of Age & Music Accompaniment
You will be sent an email with instructions after you apply. The process for this has changed and photos, proof of age and music can now be submitted online.
These items are STRICTLY DUE BY FRIDAY 11 MAY 2018.
Photos must be in .JPG format and of sufficient size and quality to be printed on half an A4 sheet. Examples of photo required to complete Scholarship Awards Application;
To verify the applicants age an image of a birth certificate or passport must be provided in .JPG format and of sufficient quality and size for the details to be legible.
Music Accompaniment must be provided in .MP3 file format of professional quality. Please also refer to Information, Terms & Conditions for full details on Music Accompaniment requirements.
For any further enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org