ITP Personal Visits - Term 4 2021
2021 Intensive Training Session (ITS) for Male Levels 1-3 & Invitee students in the ITP or After School Programme
- Duration: Tuesday 6 July to Friday 9 July 2021 (inclusive)
- Online enrolments must close: 25 June 2021*
- Cost: $560
- Venue: The Australian Ballet School, 2 Kavanagh St, Southbank Victoria 3006
* To allow ample time to allocate students to classes and then distribute class schedule information to enrolled students/parents.
Ensure you read and understand the information on this page before enrolling your son.
Intensive Training Sessions are specially designed to assist with each student’s potential and possible development through to The Australian Ballet School’s Full-Time Programme. These four days will include classes in classical, character and contemporary, together with allied components of the specialised vocational training for dancers. Discussion sessions will provide theoretical support to the physical programme.
Additionally, this ITS is a key opportunity for Invitees and eligible Level 3 students to be considered for entry into the Full-Time Programme in 2022. Each student’s progress will be reviewed, with select students invited to attend the National Audition Finals Week (dates TBC). If a student does not receive an invitation to Finals following the ITS, his work will continue to be reviewed at any ITP training opportunities he participates in over subsequent months.
If unable to attend the ITS, ITP progress can instead be monitored during participation in a Specialised Coaching Class (SCC) or Personal Visit. If attending an ITP training opportunity is not possible during 2021, then the student should attend the National Audition Tour or submit a Digital Audition if wishing to be assessed for ongoing ITP enrolment in 2022.
- Due to the possibility of snap lockdowns, boarding at Marilyn Rowe House will unfortunately not be available for this event. If you and your child require accommodation, we recommend our partner hotel, Quest Southbank, whose flyer can be found at the ITP Students portal.
- Depending on final enrolment numbers, students may be split into morning and afternoon groups. Requests for specific class allocations cannot be taken.
- Confirmed schedule/class details will be emailed approximately two weeks prior to the event. We suggest making flexible travel bookings where possible.
- Generally, the morning group classes start no earlier than 9.00am (Registration on Day 1 may commence at 8.30am) and the afternoon group classes finish no later than 6.00pm.
- If The Australian Ballet School must cancel the ITS, or any part thereof, due to COVID-19 or other reasons, full refunds will be issued on applicable fees paid.
- If an ITP student is unable to attend due to government-imposed travel restrictions, a full refund will be issued on applicable fees paid.
- If an ITP student is unable to attend due to contracting COVID-19, or for any other medical reason, a refund may be issued upon provision of a COVID-19 test or medical certificate.
- If the ITS is wholly not able to proceed as planned, it is unlikely that online classes will be delivered as an alternative as there are several risk factors that need to be taken into consideration for online delivery. We will continue to monitor the situation.
- If a parent chooses to cancel due to non-COVID reasons or without providing a medical certificate (or similar), a 25% cancellation fee will apply on the applicable tuition fees paid.