Children's Classes - Term 1, 2020
Share this class
The Australian Ballet School's Children’s Classes are a great way for primary school children of all genders to take their first steps in classical dance and fulfil those young dance dreams in advance of more serious training. No audition is required to access these classes, which are taken by vocationally trained teachers and feature live piano accompaniment.
In 2020, these Children’s Classes will be allocated by academic grade (rather than by age, as had previously been the case), allowing for more consistent enrolment, with children remaining with their cohort throughout the year. Therefore, Term 1 Children's Classes open for enrolment are:
- Prep & Grade 1 - 8.45 - 9.45am Saturdays
- [sold out] Prep & Grade 1 - 10.00 - 11.00am Saturdays
- [sold out] Grade 2-3 - 11.30am - 12.30pm Saturdays
- Grade 4-6 - 12.45 - 1.45pm Saturdays
Please ensure your child is enrolled into the class that matches their academic grade for 2020.
If your desired class is sold out, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your child be placed on the wait list. Please include in your email: Desired class/time, your child's name and date of birth, your name and contact details.
The Australian Ballet School
Level 5, 2 Kavanagh Street
- Term 1 is 8 weeks
- 1 February to 21 March 2020
- Held Saturdays
- Each class is 60 minutes long
$200 ($25 per class)
In 2020, the Children’s Classes will be allocated by academic grade – 4-year-old Kinder; Prep & Grade 1; Grades 2 & 3; and Grades 4 – 6. Please ensure your child is enrolled into the class that matches their academic grade for 2020.
The School reserves the right to refuse or cancel an enrolment if an applicant or their parent/carer breaches the School’s Terms and Conditions.
What else / What next?
Click on the links below to learn more about our other classes and training programme.
Our other Open Classes:
- Kinder Classes (ages 3 – 4) – held on Tuesdays during School terms
- Boys Ballet Classes (ages 9 – 15) – held on Fridays during School terms
- Winter School (July 2020; ages 9 – 16)
- Summer School (January 2020; ages 6 -18)
ABS Training Programmes:
- For children aged 8 - 13 yrs in their year of audition:
After School Programme (ASP) or
Intra/Interstate/International Training Programme (ITP)
- For children aged 13 - 18 yrs in their year of audition:
Full-Time Programme (FTP)
Audition process for the above 3 programmes
Terms and Conditions
By enrolling in a class through The Australian Ballet School, students and parents/carers agree to the School's Terms & Conditions.